Wednesday 13 August 2014

Time To Forgive

Forgiveness is not something we do for the other person, the one we think did us wrong. They could care less! Forgiveness is something we do for ourselves. Why, you ask? The injury that we hold within when we can’t let go and forgive another just festers. Day after day, year after year, lifetime after lifetime. It hardens into a stone that weighs us down and keeps us from raising our consciousness. The burden of the wound goes away as soon as we can remember the painful event and let it go.

So often we think we have done this until something happens that knocks the scab off the sore and causes it to bleed again. Just last week, I said something to my daughter about my experience as a new mom forty years ago. She pushed back at me and asked why I always slam my ex-husband, her dad. I didn’t even realize that was what I was doing, but she was right. I spent time in meditation unpacking that one, and realized that I was still harboring disappointment and disillusion about that marriage and my expectations not being met! Finally, I have forgiven – both my ex and myself, and I have to say it feels really good!

Take time today to find three people you need to forgive. Then forgive YOU!

For more info: http://www.jeanadrienne.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment