Wednesday 9 September 2015

FLEXIBILITY

I thought I WAS flexible! That is when the Universe decided to show me all the areas where I wasn’t. For several years I have dealt with knee pain and the inability of my right knee to bend past a ninety degree angle (can you say ‘inflexible’?) Over time I have tried many healing methods to correct this with little or no change.

Recently I was made aware of just how rigid I had become relative to schedules and my own timeframes when I was in charge of hosting a healer at my office. It seemed that every appointment was delayed, changed or conflicted, and I found myself getting more and more stressed, until the point where I just had to let it go. I gave up. In that moment I realized that each and every person got exactly what they needed when they needed it, and the only one who was stressing was ME. That’s when I realized the degree of inflexibility I had reached! In that moment, a physical change occurred in my body. While I still can’t bend my knee completely yet, I am now able to get it past that old ninety degree point. Who knows, maybe tomorrow I will be able to sit in the child pose and get back to my yoga practice!

Tied in with this lesson is the idea of complete surrender—I now call it ‘free-falling’. As I let go of my rigid thoughts about how things should be, I am freeing myself from the restraints I was placing on my reality and miracles are showing up, more and more every day!

For more info: http://www.jeanadrienne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment